Monday, January 27, 2014

Blondies Have More Fun

Found this book at Mardens this weekend:



16 bucks, bub! Heck of a deal for a cookbook. Of course I read it cover to cover. Then went through to find the first recipe for which I had all the ingredients. I landed on blondies. Her recipe is not for albino brownies. These are squares of chocolate chip cookies, soft and delicious, without the pan work and wait time of their round sibling (hey, I'm a round sibling...).  The other great thing is that it takes about half the ingredients of a chocolate chip cookie recipe. Which is good when you're craving a snacktreat but don't have all the goods to produce them. Here we go:

10 tablespoons butter
1 c packed brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips

Grease and flour 9x9 pan. Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in chips. Press into pan and bake about 30 mins or until light golden brown. Cool in pan. Cut into 9 or 16 squares. 

Took a whole bunch of self control but I cut mine into 16. Doesn't mean I only ate one!


Doesn't mean I couldn't eat two bites before I snapped a picture!

Happy baking, bub!

No comments:

Post a Comment